Key Lime Pie
- 14 oz. Blue Chair Bay® Key Lime Rum Cream
- 9 inch Pie shell, baked and cooled
- 4 Egg yolks, beaten lightly
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- 2 tbsp oz. Blue Chair Bay® Key Lime Rum Cream
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. Confectioners' sugar
Stir the cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan.
Whisk in the whole milk and Blue Chair Bay® Key Lime Rum Cream.
Cook over medium, stirring constantly, bring to a boil and let boil one minute. The mix will thicken quite a bit here.
In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and ribbony.
In a thin stream pour 1/3 of the milk mixture into a bowl with the egg yolks, stirring constantly to temper the eggs. Do not mix all together at once the eggs will scramble if you don’t temper them.
Pour the warm egg mixture back into the saucepan and boil another minute.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla and butter.
Let it cool, stirring occasionally, then pour into pie crust.
Place in refrigerator to cool at least 4 hours.
Put all ingredients for the stabilized whipped cream in a mixing bowl and mix or whisk until the mixture can hold peaks.
- Top pie with whipped cream and garnish with key lime zest and a slice or twist of a key lime.