ALL RECIPES » Rum Scallops
- 2 tbsp Blue Chair Bay® Coconut Rum
- 8-10 scallops
- 7 tbsp butter divided, cubed?
- 1 pinch Salt as desired?
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice?
- 1 tsp shallots minced?
- Pineapple-Mint Salsa?:
- 1/4 cup pineapple diced 1/4"?
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled and seeded, diced 1/4"?
- 1-2 tsp fresh lime juice?
- 8-10 each mint leaves chopped?
- 1 pinch salt?
Scallops:? Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Season with salt.? Heat a sauté pan with 1 Tbsp butter, and sear the scallops 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.? Coconut Rum Beurre Monté?: In a small saucepot, gently heat the rum and lime juice, then add the shallots.? Whisk in the 6 Tbsp of butter in small amounts, adding more after each bit has been emulsified.? Season with a pinch of salt. Keep warm.? Pineapple-Mint Salsa:? In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and chill until ready to use.? For Serving?: Serve the seared scallops with the Coconut Rum beurre monté and top with salsa.?